Carpets are essential every day items and when you suddenly notice that your carpet is looking a bit dirty or used to look better before, then you might wonder, should I clean or replace my carpet? Moreover, repairing is always going to cost you less than buying a new one, that is true. But, there are signs that you should not ignore which indicate that you have to buy a new carpet. Furthermore, generally when your carpet is harbouring health risks like allergens or more frequently, then it’s probably time to change your carpet. Moreover, if your carpet has got stains but if there are only a few then you can simply clean it and there won’t be a need to replace it. To stop you from getting confused, here is the breakdown of your question “Should I clean or replace my carpet?”
Signs That You Should Clean Your Carpet
If your carpet is having a lot of stains then not to worry at all! At this point, you can simply call in professional carpet cleaning services and have your carpet cleaned. Moreover, if you don’t wanna invest in professional carpet cleaning services then you can probably just do a D.I.Y to clean up the stains. Secondly, if you decide to invest in the professional services then it is sure that the stains will be removed, as they use professional tools and techniques to make your carpet all new looking. Furthermore, there is absolutely no issue if you call your local carpet cleaner and ask around about your current carpet situation. Here are a few signs that you should keep in mind to understand that your carpet simply needs cleaning
- Stains are always on the surface, that is they are superficial.
- Floodwater does not damage your carpet.
- If no mould or harmful allergens are growing on your carpet, then it simply needs cleaning.
- If you have got pets at home and your carpet is starting to smell then it’s time you clean your carpet for good.
- Moreover, if you haven’t cleaned your carpet for a year then you should immediately go for it.
- When your carpet is looking extremely dirty then give it a deep cleaning.
Signs That You Should Replace Your Carpet
Something to keep in mind is to make sure you try to get rid of every stain either by yourself or by a professional. Moreover, if a professional too cannot get that stain out of your carpet, then it’s a huge sign that you should buy a new carpet. Additionally, when buying a new carpet remember to buy a high-quality stain-resistant carpet. Therefore, ensuring no future stains damage your carpet. Furthermore, if your carpet is harbouring lots of mould and toxic allergens regularly, no matter how many times you clean your carpet, then you should immediately replace it. Here are some tips to keep in mind which indicate that you need to buy a new carpet
- Multiple moulds are growing on your carpet.
- Stains are stubborn and are not coming out even after calling a professional carpet cleaning service.
- Multiple rips and tears on your carpet indicate that it’s time to replace your carpet.
- A stinking carpet in which the odour has penetrated deep inside and is hard to get rid of even after multiple cleaning sessions.
- If your padding is getting old you will notice wrinkles on your carpet. Also, crinoline sounds will come too. Therefore, consider changing your carpet entirely.
- Fading colour is also an indication that you need to replace your carpet.
- If you see any visible damage and it’s not getting repaired then consider changing it.
In conclusion, it is absolutely important to always keep your carpet clean at all times. Moreover, you have to keep in mind that you are cleaning your carpet regularly. Secondly, if you haven’t got that much time, then simply calling a professional carpet cleaning service will save your time and hassle. Additionally, you must keep a regular cleaning schedule every six months to have your carpet cleaned. Also, if you think you can handle it then try fun D.I.Ys to clean your carpet. So, probably now you have a clear picture of “Should I clean or replace my carpet?”